Tuesday, September 27, 2011

How do I find mileage estimates for Ford Super Duty Trucks?

How do I find mileage estimates for Ford Super Duty Trucks? Since they aren't tested by the EPA, they don't seem to be published anywhere. Is Ford saying they don't care about the mileage on their heavier trucks?|||They are not regulated and don't count against the fleet average if over 6,000 lbs. So they don't publish the results. I'm sure you can find some real world numbers online or asking people who have one.|||None of the manufacturers are required to publish mpg for trucks of that weight. Ford focuses quite a bit on fuel economy with a lot of resources focused on direct injection turbo motors and hydrogen fuel cell.





On average, the new 6.4L Power Stroke Diesel gets about 12mpg - that's empty, no payload, no trailer and you're not driving it like a maniac.|||No Ford doesn't give a damn. I know, it stinks, huh. They should be required to publish mileages. I just bought an F250 2WD with a standard cab and 5.4L gas engine and it gets only about 13 MPG with very conservative highway driving. If I knew the MPG was going to be that bad, I would have spent the extra bucks for a 22+ MPG Dodge Sprinter van.

No comments:

Post a Comment