Tuesday, September 27, 2011

What is the cost to service the auto tranny in a1998 Ford Windstar Minivan, including parts?

I am planning on having my friend's mechanic service the transmission on my 1998 Ford Windstar Minivan. I would appreciate any useful feedback I can get on the average price to have this task performed and the amount of time involved. I don't want to insult him or embarass myself by offering either too little or too much, Pls rsvp. Much Gratitude.|||Your problem looks serious. Either take it to mechani or ask an online mechanic. This website has ASE verified technicians/Mechanic, you can go here and ask your question for free and their consultation is cheap. Only $9-$18 instead of hundreds they charge in shop. I am sure they will be able to help. Good luck Go to ExpressHelpLine.com to get professional help|||If you are going to get it done, do a whole oil flush. To put a filter in is a waste of money, as it (filter) is a screen, not a filter, and then the trans pan will leak after, as well. To do a whole oil flush, requires one cooler line to be removed from the rad, and all of the fluid is changed this way. No fus, no mus. for the price of 12 l of trans fluid.If friends mech does not have the equipment for this, find some one who does(phone), you won't be sorry.|||I had my minivan's transmission serviced locally at a transmission shop and it was $120.00 and took about an hour. That included fluid, filter, and labor.

No comments:

Post a Comment