Tuesday, September 27, 2011

What parts are needed to complete an overhaul for a 1987 Ford Thunderbird Turbo Coupe?

I have a 1987 Ford Thunderbird Coupe in the shop getting an "overhaul" and it has been there for over a year because the mechanic could not find a certain "pipe" that the engine needs. He says that that certain pipe is no longer made and no junkyards around where I live have it. I don't know anything about cars so please help me.|||I'd guess it is a pipe having to do with the turbo. Search online - I'm sure there is a Turbo Coupe club of some sort out there. They should be able to help you find what you are after. After a year he should have already fixed it or given up and given the car back to you.





Here's one: http://forums.tccoa.com/|||Your Turbo Coupe has the 2.3 liter 4 cylinder with turbocharger, same as used on the SVO Mustangs.





2.3 liter turbo parts are fairly common, so I'd be concerned about whether this guy is being straightforward with you.|||hes full of crap... find out what "pipe" is needed and find it yourself...sounds like hes a crook

No comments:

Post a Comment