Tuesday, September 27, 2011

How do I measure the size of my speakers in my ford ranger? And also how to know what wattage to buy?

I want to buy 4 new speakers for my '97 ford ranger to get better sound quality, but i don't know how to measure them to look for new ones. And my stereo system says 50x4 watts....what does this mean?|||50 x 4 is a max value for each speaker





the realistic amount of power going to those is more like 20 watts.





you would want to find some speakers with low RMS values(under 50 or so),





and there are many sites to find your speaker sizes.








from crutchfield:











1997 Ford Ranger Pickup


with AM/FM/Cassette deck; with AUTO SET button on factory radio





* Aftermarket Stereo Installed [change]





Factory replacement info:





In-dash stereo


7-1/2" depth; Size code E,S,U ; Non-standard dash opening (special integration package required)





Front speakers


Front Door: 6x8"





Far rear speakers


Behind Seat: 6x8"











So you need 6x8s or 5x7s


(normally the same thing, or very close to it)


Assuming I set up your truck right.





here's the link to the thing I used:


http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/autoi鈥?/a>|||The front speakers should be 5 1/4 inches and the rear speakers should be 6x8 inches. The wattage on the speakers refer to how many watts a speaker can hold if you hook an amp up to it. The 50x4 on the head unit means 50 watts at 4 ohms

No comments:

Post a Comment