Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Is Gulf gasoline a good gas to use in my 2010 Ford Focus, or would you recommend a different brand?

I wish to keep my new car running at peak performance, and good reliability. Is there better or worse gasoline brands for my new 2010 Ford Focus. It needs 87 octaine.|||Gasoline is a commodity, like 2% milk, enriched flour, pine 2x4's, staples... The government defines how these items are made, gasoline has different formulas for winter, summer, and 20 other factors. I have heard some people swear for or against certain brands. My experience is that occasionally a certain individual gas station might not take proper precautions to protect their tanks from water or contamination. And I have gotten some "bad gas", but it has happened like twice in my life. Usually a bottle of 'heat', or something to rid your system of moisture, helps. And a dirty little secret..sometimes several different brands will buy from the same supplier. Go buy the cheapest gas you can find, and the lowest octane, your ford focus will be totally happy, it does not care what you pay.|||Gas is gas, buy the cheapest you can find.

No comments:

Post a Comment