Friday, September 23, 2011

Why would my Ford Focus make rattling noises when I brake ?

I had some engine problems last spring,some of which I paid for and some paid for by Ford Motor Co.My warranty has expired and the car runs fine,but I hear a funny rattling noise when I slow down. I am broke,so I hope it isn't anything to worry about.My car passed state inspection 2 weeks ago and has less than 31 k on it.It is a 2003 ZX3. Thankyou.|||You need to have a shop technician drive your car with you to hear the rattling noise. A Ford technician would be best.|||Honestly? Because you bought a Ford. That's lesson one.|||If this happens only when you break, it could be a problem with you brakes. Of it could be as easy as a lose heat shield.|||HAVE SOME SHOP PUT IT ON A LIFT FOR YOU AND TAKE A LOOK AT THE EXHAUST SYSTEM AND MAKE SURE THAT ALL IS SECURE.|||First of all it is a Ford that should be a good clue and second of all it is a Focus there is your second clue. Do you know what ford stands for ? If not let me tell you it is : found on road dead, f#$%ed up,rebuilt dodge. Get the picture?|||worn brake disks and low pads|||SOUNDS like you need a brake job. IF this sound happens when you apply your brakes, then you at least need new brake pads and maybe need your rotors turned or new rotors. IF the sound happens when you push the clutch in, then you may need new clutch bearings or a new clutch. My son has the exact same car as you, and I just put new brake pads on his car. It is easy to do - do you know any car savoy guys that can check both of these things? Maybe even repair them for you for a few good home cooked meals??|||Its not much to worry about i dont think. it would either be your wheels need linin or th fan tha cools down the brakes is loose. if you take it to a garage they should fix it. but if you go to a ford dealer they may charge you twice the price try to go to a reliable one that wont charge two much

No comments:

Post a Comment