Friday, September 23, 2011

Why my 2001 Ford escape egr failure and valve blew up on the side?

I have a 2001 Ford Escape. For some reason while driving at high speed, the Side of my EGR Valve is blown out. Before that I had problems with misfire, I replaced two spark plug solenoids and the six plenum gaskets. After that the car was running weaken (without power). I replace the EGR valve, but the problems continue. I found that the tube going from the exhaust manifold to the EGR was extremely hot. What is happening?|||you are running rich,,,does your cat, glow in the dark,,





EGR has no relation on misfire unless the sensor is shorted or grounded





misfire will cause you cat to heat up abnormally


and running rich too,





your check engine light shoul be on by now,,have it scan|||Check after driving if converter is red. Then it is clogged. If not all I can say is what everyone else says, Fords are Junk. They use generic parts or whats available to build a Ford as told by many Ford Builders leaving highly unreliable.|||sounds like you might have a clogged converter in the exhaust. Is the check engine light on? Any codes present?

No comments:

Post a Comment