Friday, September 23, 2011

How much is a replacement keyless entry thing for my ford explorer?

Ours went splat-in other words-lots of pieces! So I guess I should go to a ford dealership to get one. But how much am I going to spend?





It's a 97 explorer.|||Around $75.00 plus programming. Some dealers will do this for no charge but most will charge (about 40-60 bucks I would think).|||Check eBay and local junkyards. The same remote yours uses is used on many other Ford vehicles. A lot of the ones you can buy on eBay come with directions, so you can program it yourself. I've seen a lot of them go for around $20-25.





We programmed our 97 Expedition for an extra key fob because it only had one when we got it. It was rather simple. Put the key in, turn switch forward but don't crank it. Turn it about 10 times. The power locks should go up and down a couple times. At that point, start hitting buttons on the keyless remote, and the antenna inside the vehicle should pick up the signal. Your remote should be set then.

No comments:

Post a Comment