Wednesday, September 14, 2011

1999 Ford F150 Truck- I replaced the connectors on the battery cables and now it shorts?

I had to cut off the connectors for the battery terminals. I put on generic connectors. Now the battery connection often seems to short out. I bang around on the terminals and the connection comes back to life and the truck starts, but its getting old!


It seems hard to change the battery cables out on a Ford F150 so how do I do a proper connector installation to avoid my problem?|||sounds like you didn't get a good connection at the point where the cable go's into the terminal where the 2 bolts are at. take it apart and clean it really good then put it all back together and clean the battery lugs and inside the new terminals as well with a battery brush. before you put it back together. Make sure the two bolts on the connection are tight.|||My 1992 would not start yesterday. Tried everything I could think of. Damn it, if it isn't one thing it is another. Like a fool, i had the engine replaced with a rebuilt and it stopped smoking but has 10 new problems. I am so gd frustrated.





Cables? Hell, it could be a dozen reasons. Ford makes money on selling new trucks and to hell with you when all the bad engineering begins to show. Name one decent American vehicle today. Just one! There is no regulation and the buyer be damned.|||All you can do is buy new battery cables and replace them. Those ends that you put on are junk, good only for emergency repair. You maybe able to find a shop that will crimp new clamps onto the existing cables%26gt;|||Go to your local parts store %26amp; purchase new battery cables. They come in various lengths %26amp; gages. The ends are already on the cables.





禄禄禄

No comments:

Post a Comment