Wednesday, September 14, 2011

2000 Ford Windstar front windshield wiper still operates in the off position?

I have a 2000 Ford Windstar SEL and when I turn on the front wiper it only works when you turn it all the way and then it does not stop in the off position.....in order for it to stop I have to switch off the vehicle....need your help please!|||I agree that you may have a faulty switch.. One question I would ask you is; when you put it in the off position are you giving it enough time to stop. Some systems have a slight delay time after they are turned off. If it continues to run, then it is surely something within your ignition and control switch..





Your wiper relay could also be sticking, not common, but possible. I thought of this because you explained that you have to turn your ignition off to stop it.. Check that relay as well..|||I would suspect a faulty switch.

No comments:

Post a Comment