Sunday, September 18, 2011

Ford Ranger: How do I reset the computer for the check engine light?

I recently replaced my EGR valve in my '95 Ford Ranger and yet the check engine light still comes on. I unhooked the battery cables for 15 minutes which caused the light to go off, but it came back on after about an hour of driving. What else is there to do?|||Once again I see you have gotten ripped off too.





I have NEVER----EVER seen an E.G.R. go bad. I have had a hundred computers tell me it was bad when in fact it was not. Each time I have come across that it has ended up being clogged passages inside of the intake manifold. This causes erratic readings showing a bad E.G.R. I am not saying yours was not faulty but I would check there first, long before I would waste money on an E.G.R.|||The light came back on, because an error is still getting tripped, which means you didn't fix the problem.








Think of it like a person. You don't feel well, so you take some medication.





You still don't feel well.





Which means, the medication didn't fix the problem, and something else is still wrong.








Go find out why it keeps getting tripped, and actually fix the problem, and the light will go away.|||Sorry Dude, I went through this with my 95 ford Ranger for years. I would go to Auto Zone and they would reset it and it would come back on. My code said I need a new gas cap. I didn't. I just ended up putting a business card over the check engine light. Problem solved. I spent alot of money trying to get the problem solved. Their wasn't one. Covering the light is cheaper than replacing a sensor on a 13 year old truck.|||fix the rest of the problem/hard codes come back and you have a bad sensor

No comments:

Post a Comment