Sunday, September 18, 2011

How do I replace dashboard lights in a 96 Ford econoline van?

I have a 96 Ford Econoline E250 van with only one working dashboard lightbulb. How hard is it and how would I go about replacing the dead bulbs? Am I gonna have to take the whole insides apart or is there an easier way?|||Not sure.





but when i have a question like this, I consult the AutoZone free online repair manuals. Hopefully, you can find the info you are looking for there. You should bookmark the following page for future reference, it really comes in handy:


http://www.autozone.com/shopping/repairG鈥?/a>





good luck to you.


:-)|||I HAVE A 1998 FORD E-250 WITH THE 4.2 V6. JUST PASSED 200K, I HAVE NO ILLUMINATION ON THE DASHBOARD, BUT THERE IS ILLUMINATION ON THE HEATER CONTROLS. TO MAKE A LONG STORY SHORT, THREE DIFFERENT PEOPLE TELL ME THE SAME THING, TAKE IT TO YOUR MECHANIC BECAUSE THEY WILL HAVE TO REMOVE THE DASHBOARD CLUSTER AND THEN REPLACE 5 OR 6 LITTLE BULBS. ABOUT AN HOUR OR SO ON THE LABOR COSTS AND ABOUT 20 BUCKS FOR THE BULBS. FYI----REPLACE ALL THE BULBS AT ONCE, BECAUSE IF ANOTHER BULB GOES OUT , GUESS WHAT-- YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE LABOR COSTS AGAIN. GOOD LUCK!|||Well, these bulbs were very easy to get to back in the old days from the back of the cluster but I would venture to say it will not be fun to get to them today. There must be a way to remove the cluster from the front but it won't be easy because of the security around the odometer. I would go buy a model specific shop manual to aid you in this if you really want to dig into it.





I just wonder why they all went out... was your alternator overcharging? That will pop these little bulbs one right after the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment