Wednesday, September 14, 2011

My Ford Taurus starting to delay acceleration when I step on the gas about 4 seconds then it shoots forward?

(Ford Taurus) My car is starting to delay acceleration when I step on the gas. The delay is about 3 to 4 seconds then is shoots forward and catches up to speed. This happens any time I stop and step on the gas. It's so bad that I don鈥檛 step on my gas to park because I don鈥檛 want my car to shoot forward and hit the car in front of me.|||it could be the fuel filter but it sounds more like the transmission fluid is low or the transmission filter needs changing.|||I would recommend checking your transmission fluid and make sure it isn't low. That would be where I would start. Is your car in cold weather because it could just be that it's not warmed up.|||I would say your transmission bands are getting worn. It could possibly be the transmission fluid is low but if it is this bad already its probably bands. If this is the case I would be looking for a new transmission pretty soon. That is if the car is reving up before it takes off.

No comments:

Post a Comment